Re: using Gdk::Cursor

According to what I read, Gdk::Window::set_cursor has an overloaded version that takes no parameters. This overloaded function sets the Gdk::Cursor for the calling window to the cursor of that Gdk::Window's parent. Like you, I could find no "get_cursor" function. So, the only thing I can come up with is to change the cursor to GDK_WATCH for the Gdk::Window associated with your top level Gtk::Window when you begin your processing, and then change it back to GDK_ARROW when your processing finishes.

Bob Caryl

Rob Benton wrote:

I was looking through the Gdkmm and Gdk docs at the Gdk::Cursor and Gdk::Window. I notice that Gdk::Window has a set_cursor() method but not a get_cursor() method.

How would you go about changing a cursor to something like GDK_WATCH while processing something in your main window and then change it back to normal after that process was done?