RE: Gtk::TreeView: Custom cellrenderer for single cells

While studying the cellrendertoggle.cc example, I see inside of the
MyCellRendererToggle::render_vfunc method that it either uses the widget
style's paint_option (for an option label) or paint_check (for a checkbox).

Which widget style method would be used to paint a text entry?  Would be
text entry widget be a full fledged widget?  How would I set / get it's text
value?