Menu Display Problem

Hello all:

I recently installed libsigc++-2.0.10 because a vector drawing package (Inkscape) I was trying to install required it. Since having done so, all my applications that have menus have begun displaying the Gtk::Stock::MISSING_ICON icon on menu items for which I designated NO icon in following call:

Gtk::Action::create((gchar *)desg, (gchar *)disp, "")

where desg and disp are both an xmlChar*. desg is the menuitem name and disp is the display string. I am not using tool tips for this menu.

Does anyone know what I need to do to correct this problem?

Thanks,

Bob Caryl