CellRenderer_Class::start_editing_vfunc_callback

Hello!

I just wondered why my self written CellRenderer (derived from Gtk::CellRenderer) is no longer editable under the recent gtkmm 2.6.1 release. After looking a little bit into the source I found out why it no longer work:

cellrenderer.cc, line 276ff:

  // Non-gtkmmproc-generated custom classes implicitly call the default
  // Glib::ObjectBase constructor, which sets is_derived_. But gtkmmproc-
  // generated classes can use this optimisation, which avoids the unnecessary
  // parameter conversions if there is no possibility of the virtual function
  // being overridden:
  if(false) //obj && obj->is_derived_())
  {

Is there any reason why the start_editing_vfunc is disabled?

Regards,
Frank