Re: [gtkmm] setuid(), seteuid(), setreuid(), setresuid()

It's always nice to know how some people
can be helpful.

Yes, you're right. This is might not be the
best list to discuss these kind of questions.

However I don't see why we should refrain
to answer them, just BECAUSE we're not
the right list.

gamehack, there are several subleties between
all the set* variants.

Just take a look at,
http://www.cap-lore.com/CapTheory/UnixAuth.html

For discussions about the uids.

Feel free to keep asking me stuff, to my personal
email instead of the list.

--
Paulo Pinto

Max Vasin wrote:

gamehack <gamehack gmail com> writes:

Hello again,

I''m investigating a way in which I can manage my user privileges and
I've come across these functions: setuid(), seteuid(), setreuid(),
setresuid(). And I want to ask what's the difference between
effective, real and saved user. Because that's the quoted difference
between them in the docs, but I couldn't find anywhere the actual
explanations of the terms in this context. Thanks in advance.
As already mentioned this is offtopic here - you should ask this
question in group about Unix and POSIX programming.