Re: [gtkmm] Gtk::DrawingArea help required

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 23:44, ej wrote:

> Out of interest, can anyone out there explain why the Button event can
> make do with a void handler with no args, but the expose
> event needs a boolean function taking a GDKEventExpose* ?
I take it you mean the "on_click()" event ? Simple, the signal only gets
emitted when someone clicked the button and that's all we need to know.
Other signalhandlers may have arguments that will tell you more about
the event (cursorposition, which mousebutton was clicked etc,etc..)
IIRC the boolean returnvalue indicates if the signal was handled
succesfully or not.

> My next out how to draw in my DrawingArea... :-)
take a look at my code in
Both frame_resizer_base and vbox_visualdisk may be of interest to you.
There's also a section in the book about this.