[Fwd: Re: [gtkmm] Is Gtkmm stable and mature on Win32?]

I read on some forum posts and articles
reviewing GUI toolkits, that one of gtkmm's weak points was that it was
faulty or unstable under Win32.

Unless you see mention of specific issues then I wouldn't pay much
attention to uninformed speculation.

People seem to be using gtkmm fairly happily on Windows, in a variety of
environments. There is an installer, with a demo included, so I recommend
that you try it out. The GIMP is also available on Windows. If these work
for you then I think you can be fairly sure that your application will
work too.

I can confirm that gtkmm (at least 2.2) is stable under Windows. I developped a
cross platdorm app, under gtkmm, which is now in production, without problems.
I really think that gtkmm is the best solution for cross platform development
today (so, so, so lighter that java, less expensive and more 'C++' that QT, more
powerful than wxWindows).
I tried gcj with swt, but the test program crashed under win32.

Ben

--- Begin Message ---

www.openismus.com