Re: gtkmm2.4 and MSVC (again)

Murray Cumming wrote:
There are some inconsistencies in the way
global variables are dll exported (gendef <->
__declspec(dllimport/dllexport) with GLIBMM_API #dedfines).

Now that we are using this gendef thing, shouldn't we just remove
GLIBMM_API? It doesn't seem to be used much anyway.

No, we need them for declspec(dllimport). Unlike gcc, global variables are not automatically tagged by MSVC with the dllimport flag (there might be a compiler flag though...).

Anyway, I will build gtkmm-2.4.6 for mingw this week-end but hopefully will commit on monday some changes to g[lib|tk]mmconfig.h.in required for MSVC. I now have Debug and Release versions of gtkmm for MSVC with the gtkmm-demo fully functional. If somebody could send me a example (not k3d !!!) that suffers from the infamous "Access violation - no RTTI data!" error, I will happily try to compile it against my build.

Cedric