threads

Hi, I'm developing a simply GUI using gtkmm and I need to use threads... I've done a little research and found that GTK+ and gtkmm are not thread safe... After a little more, I found two different ways to go about this:

1 - use GDK threads (as per http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gdk/gdk-Threads.html)

2 - using c++ classes, e.g. those within the Glib namespace -- Glib::{Thread,Mutex,...} (as per http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/glibmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/group__Threads.html)

Is either of these methods better than the other, or are they similar (perhaps even display a "wrapper-wrappee" relationship)...???

Thanks in advance...!!!

	- Ian

"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it
 harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg..."
	-- Bjarne Stroustrup