[gtkmm] Gtk::Window::on_realize

Hello,

I am new to gtk programming.

I was using the "on_realize" virtual function for the drawing area to
write some initialization code (as in the example). When I used it for a
window everything went wrong; CRITICAL assertion "window != NULL
failed" and many other things like segmentation faults etc.

A little invstigation reveald that on_realized has been called 3 times
before crashing.

I assume on_realize is not suitable for window initialization code (i.e
use get_width() etc). Then what function is? Is it a signal?

Thanks

John Chronakis