[gtkmm] Question Regarding Glade

Hello List,

I am just getting started with GTKmm and knocking the rust of my C++.
I am working on a little project. Using Glade, I created a window with a menu and toolbar, and added a drawingarea. Now I want the drawing area to have some default things drawn in. So, I added a signal for when the drawingarea gets shown. that is all...so far. I have not added any actual drawing code. When I try to compile it, I get an error that says the window cannot be created because the "on_show" function for the drawingarea is abstract.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening and maybe even point me in the direction to correct this.

I can  provide more details if needed.

Thanks for any and all assistance.

Mike