Re: [gtkmm] Re: gtkmm 2.4 or gtk 2.4 bug

Diana Esch-Mosher wrote:
So I modified the scribble program to check the C API and it did not
exhibit the same problem. I've attached the code. Compiled as  gcc
scribble.c -o test -mms-bitfields `pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --cflags --libs`

So does this identify it as a gtkmm bug?

Your problem seems to come from multiple calls to get_default_colormap. More precisely, if you call multiple times (like in an exposed callback)

1. Glib::RefPtr<Gdk::Colormap> colormap=get_default_colormap();
2. Glib::RefPtr<Gdk::Colormap> colormap=get_colormap();
3. GdkColormap* colormap=gtk_widget_get_default_colormap();

command 1 fails after a few iterations, while 2 and 3 are ok. I have no idea why. You might want to file a bug on this.

In your gtkmm code, try to use get_colormap (to get the widget colormap) instead of get_default_colormap in your on_expose_event callback.

Hope it helps.

Cedric