Partially static build

Hi, List.

I need to link my application at least partially against gtkmm.

So far, I think this is done easiest by using the output of pkg-config and replacing
several -l...s with the corresponding static libraries (.a files).

My problem is, that I lack certain of the static libraries.
I tried to build them 3 times using different configure options, but all I got
are gtkmm.a and gdkmm.a. Those are the options for configure that I tried:

--enable-static
--enable-static=gtkmm,gdkmm,atkmm,...
--enable-static=gtkmm --enable-static=gdkmm --enable-static=...

If anybody could provide a hint, that would be great.

Best regards,

DJ