centering drawing objects

I've been experimenting with the Gtk::DrawingArea and Gdk::Drawable widgets lately and I've noticed that if I draw a circle that's 200 pixels wide and 200 pixels high in a window that is 200 x 200 pixels that it doesn't seem to center itself exactly in the window. It seems like it's 1 pixel off on the left and top edges of the window. I'm using 0,0 for the beginning x,y coordinates.

Do I need to use and odd number like 201 x 201 instead?