Re: Marshalling/Serialization Gtk::TextBuffer

(This time with the correct gtk-list address.)

[snip]
> I need a way of serializing a Gtk::TextBuffer
> for a note making application that I'm working on.  I'd like to
> support basic formatting and unicode text, and the TextBuffer and a
TextView seem to be a pretty good way of doing this.
[snip]

So, I think the problem is that you want to save formatting (tags) as well
as the text itself. I don't think that there is API for this already, but
I think that I've seen some message somewhere from Havoc talking about the
possibility. I'm CCing to gtk-list in case anybody else has an idea.

In the worst case, it shouldn't be too difficult to do this yourself. I
recommend libxml++ if you want to use an XML document format.

www.openismus.com

www.openismus.com