how to use atkmm

i've now spend some time looking around in the dokumentation for namespace atk and what i found there really made me curious. but there are two little problems which prevent me from playing around and getting familiar with the library: 1.) i didn't find out how to obtain an instance of the various objects in namespace Atk, except from using wrap(...) 2.) i also don't know how to add atk-objects to a widget (for example a Gtk::Window) it would be nice if someone can give me a hint .... i hope i haven't missed something too obvious in the documentation :-)
thanks,
            antonio