Re: gtkmm2.4 and MSVC (again)

m h wrote:

i'm finding more details (slowly).
the problem is the casting from the Glib::ObjectBase
to the Gtk::Widget (or others).
here's another test that gives the exact same results.

if we can figure out why this is happening, it'll fix
the problem.

i do get warnings in compiling that says Gtk::Window,
Bin, Container, and Widget inherit set_manage() and
destroy_notify_() by dominance.  i'm not sure if this
could be the problem.

Well, some unglamorous stuff: I've verified that what gets set in Glib::ObjectBase::_set_current_wrapper() is the same as what gets returned by Glib::ObjectBase::_get_current_wrapper().

The dominance thing seems like it's worth looking into, I have no idea what it means, will be looking it up this evening.

One other possibility that occurs to me that perhaps this is a problem with calling virtual functions in a constructor, didn't you say that moving the call to show() in your example makes things work? See

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/0300/c/

Cheers,
Tim