[gtkmm] Creating new Pixmap?

I've been spinning my wheels a couple days now trying to create a Gdk::Pixmap. Most of the .create* methods take a RefPtr to a Drawable, and I cannot figure out what Drawable to pass!

Perhaps I am not using the optimum tactics: I want to read an image file, add some simple line drawing (so I need a Drawable, I assume a Pixmap), then scale it up (presumably in a Pixbuf, not a Pixmap) before setting it into an Image. I've had no problem reading an image file (.pgm) into a Pixbuf, scaling it and displaying in an Image, but moving from Pixbuf to Pixmap and back just isn't working for me.

Can someone give me a hand here?

Thanks,
David