[gtkmm] Communicating with other windows - help

Hello!

I'm kind of new in gtkmm programming and I honestly don't know how to communicate between two windows.

I have this main window that has an add button. That button opens a new window. The new window has entry boxes. Now I want to transform the information from the add widnow to the main window. In the gtkmm tutorial I read to use signals but I don't understand that

Please help!

greets,
Luka