Re: [gtkmm] GModule to access objects

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 11:02, Ross Burton wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 22:39, Glenn Pierce wrote:
> > I have looked around but I can't find any examples of using GModule from
> > Gtkmm.
> > Are there any examples of this ?
>
> Attached is a small example I wrote some time ago.
>
> gtkmm appears to have regressed,

I guess you are still talking about gtkmm 2.2, rather than glibmm/gtkmm
2.4, right?

>  I now have to pass a void* into
> get_symbol() whereas before I could cast it.  If I cast a create_t* to a
> void* when I call get_symbol(), the operation returns true but the
> pointer is not set.

To test that theory you would have to try it with a previous version of
gtkmm. I don't think any code for that has changed. Maybe you are using
a different version of the compiler now?

Someone reported this in bugzilla already, but I can't find it now. I
think I closed it, saying that function pointers are particularly
strange, and you can't expect to cast them around like that.

Maybe a templated version of that method would work in gtkmm 2.4.