[gtkmm] Proper way to close and destroy a custom window

I know this is a extremely 'newbie' question but :

What is the proper way to close (and destroy) a custom window?

I catch the signal_delete_event and all the user close conditions (for example a close button or from the indow menu) to call a function called mywindow_close(). What code do I have to put on mywindow_close() function?

I can't use Gtk::Main::quit becouse this will close the entire program and won't work on popup windows.

Reparaciones, servicios a domicilio, empresas, profesionales... Todo en la guía telefónica de QDQ. http://qdq.msn.es/msn.cfm