[Fwd: Re: [gtkmm] IOSource]

Thanks Tassos,

It seems to help.
I use the set_priority method to my IOSource. It's better, but not perfect. At least I can move my window when data arrive, but it's still responding very slowly. The doc is pretty poor about this method. Which value should I use to select the lowest possible priority ? It seems that a high value corresponds to a low priority.
Thanks a lot for your quick answer anyway.

Hello,

I am writing a network based app, using GTKmm under wn32.
I created an IOSource to receive notifications when data in available in my socket. It works well, except that when a lot of data arrive, the GUI hangs. It seems that the networks events have an higher priority than GUI events.
Any ideas or workarouds ?

Thanks
Ben

(Disclaimer: I'm not familiar with the win32 environment, I've only
written for Unix-like environments; take the rest with a pinch of salt)

When connecting IO Sources to the main loop, a priority parameter (with
a default value higher than the redraw handler) is specified. Use that
to specify a lower priority on the IOSource.

HTH,
Tassos
--

--- Begin Message ---
On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 18:12, Benoît Touron wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am writing a network based app, using GTKmm under wn32.
> I created an IOSource to receive notifications when data in available in
> my socket. It works well, except that when a lot of data arrive, the GUI
> hangs. It seems that the networks events have an higher priority than
> GUI events.
> Any ideas or workarouds ?
>
> Thanks
> Ben

(Disclaimer: I'm not familiar with the win32 environment, I've only
written for Unix-like environments; take the rest with a pinch of salt)

When connecting IO Sources to the main loop, a priority parameter (with
a default value higher than the redraw handler) is specified. Use that
to specify a lower priority on the IOSource.

HTH,
Tassos
--
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his
heart he dreams himself your master."

--- End Message ---