Re: [gtkmm] some help needed for a standard process

Hi Carl!

But how can I destroy the widget?
The delete on my FileSelection  object does not destroy
the window.

  // I want to display the FileSelection window
  // until the selected file is ok
  string dataBaseFile;
  while (dataBaseFile.length() == 0) {
    // Display window for file selection
    FileSelection *fileSel = new FileSelection(string("select file:"));
    dataBaseFile = fileSel->getSelectedFile(); // returns "" if file is not valid
    fileSel->response(Gtk::RESPONSE_OK); // has no effect
    delete fileSel; <<<<<<<<<<<<
  }

When using a plain Dialog (like for warning message) I use run, but when
I return from the run(), I still have to destroy the widget.

So perhaps you still need to destroy the widget.