Re: [gtkmm] MySQL Administrator

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004, Murray Cumming wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 11:30, Ross Burton wrote:
> > Quoting from http://www.mysql.com/products/administrator/faq.html:
> >
> > """
> > Q: What do I need to build MySQL Administrator?
> >
> > A: Apart from the g++ development suite, you will need the following
> > libraries and corresponding development packages:
> >
> >       * gtk-2.x
> >       * gtkmm-2.x
> >       * libglade-2.x
> > """
> >
> > This is the official GUI for MySQL.
>
> Strange. I think that used to use TCL in the past.

The TCL thing you mention must have been one of the primordial apps that
were written. MySQLCC was using Qt.

> Have you tried it? Is it any good? I don't have high hopes. MySQL don't
> seem to actually look at some of the crappy things that they call
> "official". I'll not mention it on gtkmm.org if it's arse.

We're working on a new suite of apps to replace those, using gtkmm in the
Linux version. We hope to make them reasonable decent :)

--
Alfredo Kojima, GUI Developer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Want to swim with the dolphins? (April 14-16, 2004)
http://www.mysql.com/uc2004/