Re: [gtkmm] [patch] Building under Cygwin

At 12:58 PM 3/18/2004, Roger Leigh wrote:
Attached is a patch to allow Gtkmm to built in a Cygwin environment.
The patch isn't intended to be applied "as-is", since some things are
broken.

On the whole, the source assumes that:
- A UNIX environment is using the X11 backend
- Win32 means MinGW
- but Cygwin behaves like a UNIX environment, while requiring
  -no-undefined as a linker option, and may optionally use the win32 GDK
  backend rather than X11.

Could you please create a bugzilla entry for this ? Right now, I have compiled gtkmm-2.2 and 2.3 with mingw32 gcc and with cygwin gcc using the -mno-cygwin compiler option (and with --host=i386-pc-mingw32 as an option to the configure script) but I'm interested in a full cygwin support (both with the X11 and win32 backend). As I don't have the time to compile gtk+ (x11 and win32) with cygwin gcc (hence against the cygwin.dll), your help is much appreciated.

Cedric