[gtkmm] custom treemodel

Hi

I am new to gtkmm, so maybe this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything in the mail archives. I am using a TreeView to display some constantly changing data. I have a class that contains this data in getset methods. The library i have created takes care of updating the data. Now, what I would like is aTreeView to reflect this data, which is contained in a vector.
I have some problem figuring out how to proceed.
All TreeView examples I can find uses a ListStore and copies the data from the datastructure to the liststore. I figure that this requires a thread to copy over the data from the vector to the liststore. Then you would have two copies of the data. I don't think this is the correct way to do this, but I don't know how to do this better. Maybe a custom treemodel? Has anybody out there done this before and has som example code I can see?

thanks in advance.
sverre sundsdal

--
Sverre Sundsdal