[gtkmm] iterator on ListStore rows ?

Hello!

sorry to bother you once more time, but i must be bad...
i want to get an iterator on the rows of a ListStore that starts on the first row of the ListStore. so i tried to use Gtk::TreeModel method, get_iter(Glib::ustring path) but i get a seg fault :( it s probably because my string path was not correct (i ve put "0"), so i tried to see the correct representation using a method from Gtk::TreePath, to_string(Gtk::TreePath path) that returns the string path. and it returns... "0" !?!
so is there a secret hint or what???

here is the procedure connected with the row selection signal handler:
m_refListModel is a Glib::RefPtr<Gtk::TreeModel>
============================================================================================================
void EstimatesPage::on_estimate_selected(const Gtk::TreeModel::Path &path, Gtk::TreeViewColumn *column )
{
   Glib::ustring s = path.to_string();
Gtk::TreeModel::iterator iter = m_refListModel->get_iter(s); //this line provoques the seg fault
   std::cout << s << std::endl;
}

i know i could get my iterator by "prepending" then deleting a row in my ListStore but that wouldn t be clean, and i m sure there is a "normal" way to do it!!!

tahnks for your help!
best regards,
cedric