[gtkmm] An unplugged plug = a window?

Hello,

I'm trying to write a gtkmm program that can optionally be embedded into another program via a command line parameter. I've derieved my main window class from Gtk::Plug and succeeded in embedding it in another window but displaying the Gtk::Plug as an independent window seems problematic. I didn't find any documentation about whether a Gtk::Plug initialized with a GdkNativeWindow(0) is supposed to create a normal window.

The documentation of GtkPlug does say that calling gtk_plug_new with 0 would leave the socked unplugged but it did not say whether an unplugged plug would act as a window, which would seem logical since it derieves from Window.

What I'm asking for is a way to display a Gtk::Plug as a regular window preferably without introducing a helper window to contain it. I'd like to know if there is some elegant solution that GTK gurus normally use.