Re: [gtkmm] Build error using jhbuild

On Sa, 2004-06-19 at 21:41 -0400, Marcus Brubaker wrote:

> Excellent, thanks!
>
> Out of curiosity (and this may be a stupid question) why don't you just
> typedef Gtk::StateType to GtkStateType?  It seems like you could avoid
> this issue and many other potential issues.

Namespacing.  Not only of the enum type but of the values too.
Additionally, for flag enums we even generate the whole set of bitwise
operators (inlined) so you don't have to cast.

Also note that most of the gtkmm code is auto-generated, so this is not
really an issue.  (Not to mention that the compiler *should* have caught
this one, as it apparently did for you...)

Cheers,
--Daniel