[gtkmm] gtk/gtkmm performance worries

Hi,
Perhaps this belongs in the gtk mailing list, but I'm
working with gtkmm until convinced otherwise...(apologies)

I want to use gtk(mm) to display video from a surveillance
camera.  How do I make the most of the graphics
capabilities that gtk(mm) offers?

For example, what is the best way to display images fast?
 How do I choose between Gdk::Pixbuf, Gdk::Pixmap,
Gdk::Image?  Is Gnome::Canvas any good?

Any references to resources will be greatly appreciated.

Johan

For super low premiums ,click here http://www.dialdirect.co.za/quote