[gtkmm] (no subject)

I am writing a program to program a CNC machining centre, after having
written all the classes i am now at a point where i have to decide about a
gui, i am planning to use gtkmm for this.
One of the things i need is a simple way to display a picture, preferably
some vector based file format like dxf or wmf, i think i should use
Gdk::Pixbuf create_from_file() for this, but i cannot find in any
documentation on wich file formats this supports, or should i use someting

Could someone please point me in the direction of some example/documentation
for this?