Re: [gtkmm] Newbie libglademm question

Javier Vilarroig <jvilarroig terra es> writes:

> I'm creating a separate .glade file for every dialog on the app, and I
> load it on the class constructor in order to be able to open multiple
> instances of them. I do that because , to my understanding, when the
> .glade file is opened only one instance for every dialog is created and
> I need to be able to open multiple instances. Also I understand that whe
> the .glade file is loaded, all and every dialog are created, so it seems
> a memory waste to have only one .glade file. Correct me if I
> missunderstood that.

Perhaps that is correct. I really don't know - it would very
interesting to experiment with. I asked James Henstridge about this
stuff a couple of months ago, but never got a reply.

> I open the main app window without problem, but when I create the first
> independent dialog I got a lot of errors on stderr, there is a sample at
> mail end. The dialog opens correctly and it seems it's working
> correctly, but I'm affraid I have misunderstood something on the
> libglademm "filosofy" and that it can lead to unespected failures later.

As far as I can tell, you've understood it correctly. Unfortunately,
your listings don't really help without the code.

> Error listing:
> --------------------------------
> (sencora:11708): Gnome-CRITICAL **: file gnome-program.c: line 738
> (gnome_program_get_app_id): assertion `program != NULL' failed
>
> (sencora:11708): GLib-CRITICAL **: file gstring.c: line 479
> (g_string_prepend): assertion `val != NULL' failed

[...]

Probably, you have a simple bug somewhere. You need to show us some
code (the minimal code, please) exhibiting the problem.

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/