RE: [gtkmm] API documentation: aiming for 100%

So, are there no volunteers for this? It's starting to bother me that we
have had almost no patches for gtkmm 2.4 so far. Don't expect me do
everything myself.

murrayc usa net

http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/group__TreeView.html

> I think that 100% API documentation should be possible, and it's an easy
way to help.

> Undocumented class methods are probably undocumented because
> - They are hand-coded because they use a different parameter order
compared to the underlying C function. In this case you should look > at the
C docs and modify it accordingly. Look at the generated html of the C docs
because not everything is in the .c files:
> http://www.gtk.org/api/
> - They are _MEMBER_GET() or _MEMBER_SET() accessors for struct fields.
These needs little "Get the something" descriptions if there is
> nothing else to say.
>
> All classes should also have documentation for the class itself. Again,
you can usually rephrase the C documentation for these.

> If you run "make doxygen-warnings" in gtkmm/docs/reference/, it will
generate a text file with warnings about undocumented methods and > classes.
I'm not sure how complete that will be, but it's a start.