[gtkmm] losing signals

Hi!
I've got a GUI that I will be using several places in the code, so I decided
to make it into a class and called it daemonGUI. So the code that is using
it (I called in the stub) inherits from it.  So, all the GUI code is in
daemonGUI, and all the file opening, closing, etc, is in the stub. So far,
it all works, EXCEPT that I am losing all the signals. They aren't working
automatically. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Sarah