RE: [gtkmm] PropertyProxies vs get/set?

On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 13:46, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> button.property_something() == 2;
> is strange and unusual to a lot of people, even if it's obvious to us.

Really? It seems the most intuitive syntax to me, I hadn't realise some
people found it wierd.

I also hadn't realised these were functions. Why not simply have them as
member variables that hold the proxies, so you can do "button.something
= 2"?

> Feel free to document them - our tools/extra_defs_gen programs should be
> able to extract the properties documentation for reuse by gmmproc. That
> should not be difficult to implement.

Heh, well I noticed that often the GTKmm docs for properties in the
get/set methods are often better than the plain GTK+ ones....

thanks -mike