RE: [gtkmm] Abandoning gcc 2.9*?

>I'll ask this again, using the correct version number:
>
>Libsigc++ 2 does not build with gcc 2.95 (or even gcc <3.2). So if we use it
>in gtkmm 2.4, gtkmm will also not be able to use gcc 2.9*.
>
>Who needs gcc 2.9* and why?
>
>Murray Cumming
>www.murrayc.com
>murrayc usa net

I dont see a pressing need to support gcc 2.9* on the Linux or Win32 platforms
where we have gcc 3.2 availiable.  In my opinion, the benefits of Libsigc++ 2
should outweigh the negatives of dropping support for gcc 2.9*.

Someone mentioned earlier that BSD may still require gcc 2.9* support.  Is this
still the case?  I'd be happy to see Libsigc++ 2 used in gtkmm2.4.

--
Gene Ruebsamen