[gtkmm] widget activation

For widgets that are activatable, such as a RadioButton, is there a way
to query what keyboard key caused the activation?

Or better yet, is there a way to prevent the return key from causing
activation (or return & kp_enter), but let the keypad enter key cause
activation?

The reason for this is I am connecting a slot to the widget's
signal_activate. I want to do something different depending on if the
return or kp_enter key is pressed, but signal_activate() doesn't tell me
the key. I would also rather catch the return key in the
on_keyboard_release_event() function of a parent container of this
widget. But since the widget is activatable, the return key event never
gets that far and connecting to the widget's signal_key_release_event
doesn't seem to work either.

Thanks,

Pete G
--
Peter Gasper <pgasper designadvantage com>