Re: [gtkmm] Which dlls to distribute

> I am new to gtkmm and i have no idea which dlls (windows here) i have to
ship with my application.
> Only the gtkmm dlls? Or the gtk+ dlls, too?

GTKmm doesn't reimplement what is done in GTK+ but gives you a C++ interface
to the GTK+ libraries. So you need to ship the gtk+ dlls too.

You can find at
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/heavymole/heavymole/heavymole-libraries.iss?rev=1.17&view=auto
an installer (written with the Inno Setup script) which installs a gtkmm
application and all needed dlls.
You can install and look at the files of the package
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/heavymole/HeavyMole-0.7.0-Libraries-Installer.exe
to see what are the files that are installed.

Note that it is not the best way to install the libraries, as the GTK+ and
GTKmm dlls are installed in the directory of your application and are
therefore not usable by other applications. I'd like to write a script that
checks if GTK+/GTKmm are already on your system and installs them exactly like
it was made with the Runtime Environment packages from
http://www.dropline.net/gtk/download.php and
http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/~gustin/win32_ports/.

I think I'll need the scripts used to write these packages. Cedric Gustin
could you send me (or put on your web site) the script used to do your package?

Regards,

Christian Van Brussel