Re: [gtkmm] Widget for viewing multi-line text

On 19 Feb, 2004, at 13:46, Ole Laursen wrote:

"Andreas B. Thun" <abt gmx de> writes:

IŽd like to have a widget for viewing multi-line text
which automatically reduces/enlarges text width when
the user reduces/enlarges the parent window.

I tried a TextView, but it does not work. Text is
always in one line...

You need to tell it to wrap the lines. I've forgotten the details, but
they should be in the reference manual.

You can also use a label and tell it to wrap the text.

Actually, labels aren't intelligent about rewrapping and resizing as needed when the window is resized. That's one of the things that annoys me the most about them, in fact... If you want rewrapping and such, you'll need to go with TextView or else hack up resizing stuff for labels yourself (or borrow someone else's code that does it).

Julian