Re: [gtkmm] Another Events problem

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 13:20:18 -0700, Phillip Neiswanger <sigsegv prodigy net> wrote:

In this program the main working widget is a drawingarea. It is contained in a frame. At certain points it makes sense to allow the user to split this widget. I wrote some code that would remove the drawingarea from the frame, construct 2 new drawingarea widgets and place them in a vertical or horizontal paned widget, then add the paned widget to the frame and delete the original drawingarea. That code works and when I split the original drawingarea it generates the 2 paned drawingareas. Unfortunately, the new drawingareas no longer get any events even though the code to set up the events ihttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3077991790&category=1503s the same. I tried setting the events and focus parameters in the paned widget, but that doesn't help. Then it occured to me that the paned widget might be a windowless widget, so I created an EventBox and stuffed the paned widget in it and added the eventbox to the frame instead of the paned widget. So far I can't get that code to work. It just hangs the program. I don't really care about that because what I really want to know is the following.

What am I missing? Why don't the drawingareas get events when I put them in a paned widget? Is there some parameter I need to set in the paned widget, or do I simple need to get the eventbox code working?

So today I've tried just about everything I can think of. I've futz'd with key related events and focus flags in all the relavent classes, I've munged my class structure this way and that, but still I can't seem to get key press/release events in my drawingarea widget once I've placed it in a paned widget. It doesn't make sense. This should be easy. What am I missing?