RE: [gtkmm] gtkmm is really big

I'm sure the problem looks the worst with the smallest program (hello
world). Instead of thinking statically-linked gtkmm binaries are 85% bigger
than gtk+ binaries, maybe you should think they are (x MB) + (y%) bigger. So
as your code size increases, the percentage difference between size of gtkmm
and gtk+ binaries decreases, asymptotically approaching y%. Hopefully y is
small. :-)

Of course this is a simplification, and y probably varies depending on which
parts of gtk+ / gtkmm you're using.

-Eric