Re: [gtkmm] using RefPtr out of Gtkmm

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 12:34, Jose Felix Hernandez Barrio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm developing an application that must use a smart pointer, and i have
> a few questions:
>
> 1- Is there any tutorial for refptr?
> 2- Can i use refptr out of gtkmm class hierarchy? must i derive my
> classes from any glib o gtk classes and add any functionality ???

You can (and perhaps arguably, should) use the Boost lib smart ptrs.
They have a better chance of making it into the std library.

Also, check out (if you can find it) smart_ptr lib from Kevin S. Van
Horn.  It is extremely flexible, and uses template policies of the type
popularized by Andrei Alexandrescu.  Google for the name or for
ksvh::smart_ptr