Re: [gtkmm] TreeIter: const_iterator and reverse iterator

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 07:26, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 09:59, Carl Nygard wrote:
> > On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 12:18, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > Templatizing the iterator/const_iterator is of course a good option.
>
> I also thought about that, but I'd like to avoid it because there is
> quite a lot of implementation that I'd like to keep out of a public
> header.

If you take the iterator_base approach, you may be able to subsume much
of the hard work in a concrete hideable base class.  Then templatizing
the (reverse_)(const_)iterator class(es) won't expose so much code.  I
think that would be the best balance to keep from reimplementing large
amounts of code, your template classes can delegate to the base class
wherever possible.