Custom labels in menus

first, gtkmm has been been great for a this first-time gui programmer.
Thanks to those that have worked on it (and gtk too).

I am trying some wierd things with menus for a file manger concept I'm
working on - that is, the menus handle everything having to do with
directories - and now I'm sure I need to derive a class, but I don't know
where to look.

Gtk::Menu::MenuList &menulist & menulist.push_back() are being used to
construct the menus. menulist.push_back() will take an accellerator,  but
I would like it to take a second ustring - so each entry would have both a
left and a right label, in place of the Accelerator label.

How could I do this?

-Sudrien