Re: Viewports and scrollbars

On Sat, 2004-12-18 at 21:36 +0100, Lars Luthman wrote:
> Does anyone know how to do this? The custom widgets may resize
> themselves at any time too. I have a sketch of what I want here:
>
> http://www.d.kth.se/~d00-llu/dino/figure3.png
>
> The horizontal scrollbar should control both viewports, and the vertical
> should only control the upper viewport (there are no viewports there, I
> couldn't insert them in glade).

OK, I managed to solve this after looking through the GTK+ source code
for GtkScrolledWindow - I simply derived a new class from
ScrolledWindow, set its policies to POLICY_NEVER, and wrote a
on_size_request() function that sets the requested size to 0, ignoring
the size of the child widget (except for the bottom widget, where I use
ScrolledWindow::on_size_request() to get the height). Then I set the
adjustments of the scrollbars to the adjustments of my derived scrolled
windows.
--
Lars Luthman
PGP key:     http://www.d.kth.se/~d00-llu/pgp_key.php