Building application which relies on GTKmm and other library.

Hello.

I have the following situation: the distributed application on which I am working relies on GTKmm for the client UI and on another library for handling the communication between the client and server sides. The problem is each library has its own building requirements; namely, the communications library builds with Visual C++ .NET 2003 while GTKmm does not [*]. What is the common way of dealing with such situation? I am not sure building object files for each library using different compiler tools will allow them to be linked without problems. What advice could you give me? I apologize if this is a basic question, but I must confess I don't see the "easy way" at the moment.

[*] I did read Cedric Gustin's thread about his work on producing MSVC-compatible libs, but since he reports that there are still some problems to be solved, I would rather stick to the more stable alternative.

Thank you,

--
Ney André de Mello Zunino