Trouble removing rows from Gtk::ListStore

Hi everyone.

I'm having trouble (an exception I can't catch) removing rows from a ListStore.

I'm trying to do a custom combo box cell renderer based on the example provided
with the sources. I need to change the selection's list every now and then and
so I added a method to clear the items from the list.

The problem is, that I cannot erase/remove the row, which had been previously
selected (or the first one, if none was selected, but the popupwindow did show).

I already tried several different implementations for my clearListItems(), even
using pure Gtk, but it still breaks.

Has anybody an idea, why this might be the way it is?

Best regards,

DJ

PS: Just for your information, I am using gtkmm-2.2 and I definitely cannot
switch to a more recent version because of the companies environment.

Best regards,

DJ