scrollbar question.

Hi all,
I've this Scrolledwindow, where the horizontal and vertical scrollbar policies are Gtk::POLICY_AUTOMATIC.
I've created a Gtk::ListStore in the scrolled window.

I'm adding some items to the list store, and the scrollbars are appearing automatically when needed. So far so good.
But when i delete some items from the liststore, the vertical scrollbar is getting updated normally as expected, but the horizontal scrollbar is not getting adjusted. In the worst case, The horizontal scrollbar stays on the window, even if there are no rows in the list store (list store is empty). What could have been the reason. ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Surya