Re: custom_widget example not working

Hi,

i'm trying to create a custom widget. As a starting point I wanted to look
at
the example in examples/book/custom/custom_widget. But when I run the
example
the custom widget is not displayed.

Has anyone made the same experience? What could be the cause for that?

Yes, it's a new example, and I haven't got it working yet. I welcome help.

I found several postings about custom widgets. The examples of working widgets did not derive from Gtk::Widget but from a non abstract widget (e.g. Gtk::DrawingArea).

Gtk::Widget is designed as a wrapper for an underlying GtkWidget. If you subclass Gtk::Widget directly, is it possible that no valid 'gobject_' is associated? If that is true, the only possibility to create a custom widget is to overwrite all important functions or to create a minimal GtkWidget for wrapping.

By the way, where is 'gobject_' defined? I couldn't find the declaration.