Re: [gtkmm] gtkmm vs wxGTK

michael sherman og ge com wrote:
I have a question.
Why would one use gtkmm and not wxGTK?

I think Gtkmm has a cleaner and more c++-ish API. Gtkmm is also very easy to learn if you come from a gtk+ background. In addition to this Gtkmm might also be better than wxWindows to keep up with new features in gtk and gnome.

The big thing I with wxWindows as I see it is that the toolkit uses native widgets on all platforms. Also, I have no idea about how easy it is to bind data to widgets which I think is a weakness in gtk+/gtkmm.

Regards
Daniel Sundberg

Mike